Well hopefully it is finally happening. Back to the pool again after another lock down. This time for good i.e. no more outage as per COVID.
Firstly, we want to thanks those that have already signed up. We look forward to seeing you in the pool.
Just a short note with the important facts.
- All sessions should be available for enrollment as stated on web site.
- To join the club and sign up for swim Session, please go to https://pickeringmsc.ca/membership/ .
- It is a two-step process:
- Join the Club and pay $15 which cover your Master Swimming Ontario (MSO) membership required per as insurance coverage. This also provides other benefits. This will be valid until next fall i.e. Sept 2022.
- Sign up for sessions. Currently we are looking at providing 4 sessions a week assuming we get sufficient registration. All pricing appears in the session description. Registration is currently being limited as per COVID restrictions. As restriction change, hopefully the numbers allowed to swim will increase. If a session indicates it is full, as your name to the waiting list. If the allowances increase, you will be contacted.
All payments should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. We were have some small issues with auto deposit, but this should now be working.
- It is a two-step process:
- We are allowing drop ins assuming we have space.
- In Order to drop in, you must be a member of the club (and MSO). If you are not pay the $15 and join the club which includes MSO, please do so as above.
- Contact the club. Assuming there is space, just pay (e-transfer) $12.
- Show up at the pool.
- You will be allowed a maximum of two drop in’s per month.
- If a session does not fill by the posted start of that session, the club may choose to pro-rate the cost for that session by week to allow the session to continue.
- If you were a member before either of the shutdowns since 2020 and your sessions were cut short, we are currently calculating credits for time missed. We hope to let you know in the next little while how this will work.
- With regard to COVID procedures. Although it varies slightly between the Pan Am and DIP, the basic underlying premise is you will have to be fully vaccinated to enter the facilities. Thus upon each entry you will have to provide Proof of vaccination including Personal ID e.g. Driver’s License etc. For DIP (Dunbarton Indoor Pool), we will be maintaining a screening process upon entry. It should be noted that one area of concern is the change rooms i.e. masks + 2M.
If you can not find your vaccination records, you should be able to obtain them
- We will try to post related documentation and they become available.
As always, any suggestions / questions / concerns may be directed to membership@PickeringMSC.ca
We are here to listen and provide you with a better swim experience.
Pickering Master Swim Club (https://pickeringmsc.ca/)